Sadesati in fact, depends upon the Gochar status of Saturn or Shani. As Saturn in transit (Gochar) enters into the 12th sign from the Moon sign (Janmkalin rashi) of any person, Sadesati starts affecting the life of that person. Shani stays in a sign for 2½ years. According to this calculation, when the Saturn enters into the third house from our sign, then our Sadesati is considered to be ended up, that means, during the period of Sadesati, Saturn stays in the 12th sign from our sign (Moon sign) and next 2½ years in the next sign from our sign. The repetition of Sadesati in the life of any person occurs after about 30 years. Therefore, as per today’s life span of a person, Saturn’s Sadesati occurs in a person maximum 3 times during his whole life span.
During the period of Sadesati, the situation of struggle increases in the life of a person. He has to face the obstacles and fluctuations in accomplishing any work and his mind remains in the misleading situation. In present Saturn is transiting in Scorpio so in now days Libra Scorpio & Sagittarius sign are facing Saturn’s sadesati.
These signs are facing sadesati in present -
- Scorpio (Vrishchik) - (3rd phase or 3rd dhaiyya)
- Sagittarius (Dhanu) - (2nd phase or 2nd dhaiyya)
- Capricorn (Makar) - (1st phase or 1st dhaiyya)
This situation of Sadesati will be same till January 2020.
Remedies for sadesati :
- 1) Recite Hanuman Chalisa daily.
- 2) Chant - Om Sham Shanishcharya Namah 108 times daily.
- 3) Light an earthen lamp with mustard oil under the Peepal tree on Saturdays.